25 May 2019 • Accordingly to the new EU GDPR terms, I've updated the 'tou.html' file and Documentation. IMPORTANT: This means that if a User asks for his/her Account deletion, you must do it within 24 hours, as the GDPR's "Right to be forgotten" Article states (LINK: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/)
3 April 2019 • Updated to recommended settings with Xcode 9.3 • Updated the 3 Facebook SDKs (because of Swift 4.1 release): FBSDKCoreKit.framework FBSDKLoginKit.framework FBSDKShareKit.framework
13 December 2019 • Added the possibility to send an image attached to your message
6 December 2019 • Initial release | XCode 9.x project, Parse SDK hosted on back4app
Think about a message in a bottle, in a digital way: that’s basically FlyWord, a Universal App Template where you can send messages to specific locations in the world and have people find them. Once a user finds a message, he can choose to throw it away forever, keep it and contact the message sender via the built-in chat.
If you find a message, it becomes automatically yours and will not be visible to other people – it’s like when you find a message in a bottle, it’s yours forever.
This is an innovative and fun application for who is looking for new penpal friends, establish relationships around the world or simply have fun.
Since its backend is by Parse you don’t have to buy any domain/hosting, there are NO PHP files to upload to a web server so you’ll save some money for server side.
FlyWord is a native XCode project, Swift language, Storyboard, Universal, super easy to customize, backend with Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com
I’m new to Xcode UI interface, any help?
Sure, start by reading this tutorial, it will surely help you get familiar with Xcode and its UI interface: https://hubpages.com/technology/iOS-About-Xcode-and-its-interface
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
I get a Code signing error in Xcode 8.x
That’s a bug of Xcode 8 with macOS Sierra, check this sample video to see how to fix it: https://youtu.be/z2LemT1_LqA
How to remove AdMob banner ads
Check this video out to see how to remove the code that shows AdMob banners: https://youtu.be/d7JDvg5rlUE
Keep in mind that you must repeat the shown steps for every .swift file that contains this line on the top:import GoogleMobileAds
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code.
Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
Should I use the latest version of Xcode to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE.
- XCode 9.x project – Swift – 64bit
- iOS 8+ – Universal – Storyboard
- AdMob banners
- Send messages at specific location with the embedded Map
- Attach an optional picture to your message
- Push Notifications for Chat messages
- Account screen with Sent and Found messages lists, Chats and How it works screen
- Edit profile screen
- Throw messaghes away forever and Report inappropriate users
- PDF User Guide and PSD included
- Easy to customize | Well commented code
- Apple Mac with its latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Xcode and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- An Apple Developer account to submit apps to the App Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
- A free account on https://back4app.com and/or https://adminca.com